Monday, April 18, 2016

Tasty Treasures: Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant in Waterford Lakes Orlando


Looking for a new place to try? If you live in East Orlando, try Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant. It’s Modern casual dining. With dimmed lights throughout the restaurant, and a Napa style wine tasting room it’s a great place with ambiance that suits, after work dinner, date nights, or private parties. Walking in you first see the shop, which offers lots of wine lover accessories, and of course a wall of Cooper’s Hawk very own wine selection.  Along the right side there’s a long bar where you can stand and chat all while trying various wines. There’s two wine menus which you can choose from: Sweet, or Lux. This is where me and my friend started, we were waiting for our table and decided drinking wine while waiting was an amazing idea. None the less, we were unable to finish our tasting since after our first taste off of the sweet menu, our buzzer went off. We weren’t quite sure what to do, until the server told us not to worry about it and that we could order a wine flight at the table and continue our adventure that way, problem solved. Cooper’s offers an array of options on both wine and food, and I especially loved how many of the selections had suggested wine pairings. They served us warm pretzel bread with butter while we looked over the menu. For my wine I chose a Sauvignon Blanc, Romance Red, Gewürztraminer (my new fav), and a Plum. For appetizer, I chose the Ahi Tuna tacos. I wasn’t to hungry, but I ordered something to help me hold my drinks. My Friend chose a chicken pasta, which she raved about so I’m assuming she liked it. At the end of the day my appetizer was good, my wines were amazing, and I got to share a night catching up with an old friend. What more could you ask for?  



No comments :

Post a Comment