Thursday, February 4, 2016

East Orlando- Waterford Lakes


East Orlando- Getting to know this neighborhood was pretty easy, considering I’ve lived in the area for over 20 years. I can attest that this area of Orlando has a good variety of activities for all age groups. You’ll find students shopping or studying, moms shuffling kids to the local pools, and parks, business professionals grabbing drinks after work, and retired individuals exploring the always new restaurants opening up. Here is a quick overview:


Waterford lakes: The local watercooler, this place is always busy. No matter the day, no matter the time. It includes a large mix of retail stores, along with restaurants and a movie theater. Waterford which is surrounded by small business and is located in the middle of UCF and a large area of Suburban homes attracts individuals from all walks of life. Whether you are new to Orlando, or a native here are some highlights:


Eat: Thai Singha-  Chances are if you live in east Orlando, you’ve either eaten here or heard of it. Its cozy, fairly priced, and delish. Need I say more? Didn’t think so.

Shop: Um Target? Hello! I AM a stay at home mom/realtor BUT I did want to broaden my horizon beyond the predictable. So I tried, but to be honest, I couldn’t.  Shopping for me is a mission, not necessarily a hobby. Waterford is a great mix of giant stores like Target, Best Buy, and Barnes & Nobles but there is also a good variety of locally owned boutiques. Although I couldn’t place a favorite, there is no limit to what you can find.

Events: Waterford holds a local fair every winter, which me and my family have integrated into our yearly list of traditions. Rides, games and fried dough have kept us coming back and it’s great to have something so big so close to home.


No comments :

Post a Comment