Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Don Shula's Steak House





Me and my husband’s last anniversary was spent dining at Don Shula’s Steak House. Located inside of the Swan and Dolphin Hotel, it’s a perfect place to take someone special. The dimly lit Restaurant is dark and cozy. The wood paneled walls are accented by photographs of the founder Coach Don Shula and his accomplishments while coaching in the NFL. All combined, I like to think of it as the perfect marriage of luxurious, masculine and romantic. Describing the service, the phrase that came to mind was the “white glove treatment.” The servers were polite, prompt and engaged. Me and my husband were assigned two servers, one took care of all of the drinks and cleaning up, the other on our food order and providing charming small talk. For appetizers we ordered the crab cake, and the Lobster bisque. While both were delicious the lobster bisque was the better of the two. Then it came time for those steaks……… I ordered the Cowboy Ribeye, and my husband had the Porterhouse. We order a side of sautéed mushrooms and the twice baked potato which we both shared. Now biting into that Cowboy Ribeye was just about the best thing I have ever experienced. Besides meeting my husband, and two children, meeting that steak was life changing. I didn’t want it to end. I ate slowly and deliberately savoring each bite of that amazing piece of meat. My husband was a fan of his Porterhouse but agreed that the Cowboy was juicer than his. In my mind there was no competition. The Cowboy had won this competition. We finished off our meals with the Molten Lava Cake which was set on a plate with the words Happy Anniversary written in chocolate.  It being our 8th year of marriage, we acknowledged that our love had grown, and while it was stronger than ever, we had both fallen in love with a new man that night, Don Shula.
Link for more information: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house

No comments :

Post a Comment